Around the year 1871, a group of eight Christians met at the home of Mr and Mrs Thomas Black – the founder of Black’s Tentmakers.
In 1977, after meeting in various locations, the Church moved into its current building on Ardgowan Square and the name was changed to Ardgowan Square Evangelical Church. Since then, the Church has sought to tell the local community about Jesus.
In 2022, the Church called its first pastor in partnership with Cornhill Scotland. As of 2023, we are affiliated to the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches.